Old June 9th, 2014, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default US airports: 'menacing, cramped and devoid of humanity'

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message ...
"JohnT" wrote:
.

I find it very difficult to comprehend how the RETURN half of an e-ticket
can be "mucked up". An e-ticket is just a record on a computer system -
Amadeus in the case of BA - and it has no physical existence. It
doesn't have two halfs.

Perhaps Erilar should try a few flights on Spirit Airlines in the USA or
on Ryanair in Europe. She may then have some benchmark for comparison.

In Europe itself I normally take the train. This was part of a cruise
package. No one could understand how they mucked up the return half of an
e-ticket. I even had it in my hand! Even so, what was in their computer
didn't match it. The number was correct, but someone had butchered my
name. Computers are seldom that kind of stupid.

OK, so it wasn't British Airways who made the mistake. The error was by
whoever booked your cruise package as you had no direct contact with BA
in the booking process. And computers are totally without intelligence.
They rely entirely on whoever programs them and/or feeds information to their programs.

No, everything was correct on the e-ticket for both legs of the trip, as
the woman at the BA counter agreed. Someone had intervened and mucked up
my name, apparently while I was on the cruise. The ticket was part of the
cruise package.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad