Old August 24th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Phil Richards

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:59:29 GMT The Doctor
said...

Nor does anyone have a *right* to purchase a VV or similar discounted ticket
for any particular train

Agreed. People often come to my window *expecting* to get an AP ticket
for travel on a Friday and go away rather disappointed when I explain
the quota wasn't there in the first place!

What all trains on a Friday or just say a few at peak times? Surely by
applying some sales tactics by offering alternatives (different times at
a good price vs. a higher price at the customer's preferred time) might
lead to a booking?

--
Phil Richards
London, UK