Old February 9th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Ed & Sue Beresnikow

JerryB, a repost in case you missed my original under original thread
( Manzanillo, Mexico...recommendations?) asking about Lake Chapala
region ..

JerryB wrote:
I come to Mexico often. Others can give you information on the

.....snip....
Now I am at lake Chapala staying in chapala and Ajijic then onto
Morelia, Guanajuato, San Migael Allende in the interior before
returning to the states.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Jerry B

apologies for hijacking this thread but I caught your current location.

I would be interested in hearing of your experiences in the Lake Chapala
region as well of any suggestions for places to stay and to visit for
mid-fifties couple not living the fast pace.

Is the area really deteriorating and drying up as notably as some
articles I have seen claim and are forecasting doom for the lake to be a
chemical laden swamp?

We hear many ex-pat Canadians, none who I know unfortunately, have
retired in the region and has peaked our interest to at least go check
it out.

Ed