Old September 17th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Tim A

Default Booked trip to Fiji...Now what

Just to add, I would even love to charter a sea plane and fly around the
islands, stopping at deserted spots if possible.

"Tim A" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have finally booked my trip to Fiji! Myself and a good friend will be
headed there from November 23 through December 4th. We will be staying at
the Sonaisali Resort http://www.sonaisali.com/ for five days, separated

into
3 and 2, so that we can use the middle nights to explore the surrounding
areas. I have already read the Travelers Guide To Oceania as recommended

by
some here.

A few people recommended flying to Vanuatu and spending a few nights

there,
but let me clarify what my intentions a

We are looking for an adventureous trip, rather than the lap of luxury. We
are not planning on getting SCUBA certified, because we aren't avid divers
and don't know how worthwhile it would be to get certified and then dive
only once, maybe twice. We really want to rent a boat and cruise around

the
islands on our own, perhaps pitching a tent on some of the uninhabited
islands. After reading the book on Oceania it wasn't recommended to do

this
because different tribes have rules about where you can go, and we don't
want to rub anyone's nose the wrong way.

We are single, straight men and in our mid-twenties, and would love some
nightlife (i.e. women) but that isn't essential to the trip (just an added
bonus). We like to swim, snorkel, hike, run, jet ski, etc. Maybe we can

rent
jet skis for the day and cruise the islands? Where are some good spots to

go
for what I am envisioning? I keep telling myself everything will pan out
once I'm there, but I'd really like to figure some stuff out before going.

I would love any insight or feedback anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Tim