Old February 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Nick

As a previous writer commented, it depends on what you like to do. I have
been there twice, so going back speaks for itself. I like it very much.

The most interesting thing is the Arab influence. The combination of Arabic
and African is interesting. I think you also find it in Dar but I never
spent much time there, so I'm not so sure.

www.allaboutzanzibar.com is a good resource. A stay at Emerson & Green
encapsulates nicely what I hoped to discover. A meal at their top floor
restaurant is a must.

I never went to the south og the island where one can swim with dolphins.
Another argument for me to go back.

I am not connected to allaboutzanibar.com in any way. I used them for my
travels and they did an excellent job. They deserve some free advertisement.

"David Eerdmans" wrote in message

This summer I'll fly to Dar es Salaam for a trip through Tanzania, Malawi
and Zambia. I'm considering a short side trip to Zanzibar, as I heard good
things about it. However, I'm a bit in doubt about it because I'm not the
beach type of person and Zanzibar seems rather geared towards that kind of
tourism.

- Do you think a trip to Zanzibar would be worth it?
- Any recommendations on accomodations in Stone Town? I'm looking for not
too expensive accomodations. As long as it's clean and safe I'm happy with
it.
- What's the best way to get to it from DAR? I've read about regular and
fast ferries, but cannot find out prices and timetables. I know Precision
Air also flies to it (short flight - only 20 minutes) but cannot find
price
quotes on their web site.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,