Old February 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Donna Evleth[_1_]

Default Left Wing silent as Bush victory in Iraq proceeds

From: "PJ O'Donovan"
Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.po litics,re
c.travel.europe
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 05:05:10 -0800 (PST)

Government allies see gains in Iraqi elections*

Feb 1, 6:51 AM (ET)

BAGHDAD (AP) - Allies of Iraq's U.S.-backed prime minister appeared
Sunday to have made gains in the provincial elections, rewarding
groups credited with reining in insurgents and militias...

I truly hope this trend continues. It would be terrible if it did not,
given the time, human lives and money that we invested in this venture.

Donna Evleth

"...US President Barack Obama has praised the polls as an Œimportant
step forward¹ for Iraq's future....."