Old April 9th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Michael B. Williams

Default Orbitz lost ticket & won't reissue

(BYDMORAN) wrote in
:

I purchased round trip tickets last March 20th. I went through Orbitz
and was only offered the paper ticket option. They were to be here
by now but weren't so I called Orbitz. I was informed Orbitz had
mailed them, and could not reissue or remail and so I need to
repurchased these round trip, coast to coast tickets.

They want me to send the old tickets back and THEN they will mail me
new ones....duh.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get Orbitz to remail these
tickets?

I did speak with a Delta customer service rep (Airline the flights
were made on) and they seemed to think I could just take in paper
itinery and be reissued at the time of boarding??? But I don't feel
comfortable waiting until the very last minute.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago. As of several days
before my trip, the paper tickets had not arrived, in spite of being
bought online 2 weeks prior.

After discussions with the online seller and the airline, it was
recommended, if the tickets don't arrive by the day of travel, that I
get to the airport early and file a lost ticket claim with the airline.
The airline then sold me new tickets (at the same price I had paid,
IIRC), promising to refund me this amount if I send in my original
tickets. When I got back from my trip, the tickets had arrived in the
mail. I sent them to the airline and was properly credited for the
amount the airline charged.

This only happened to me once (and probably never again, given how rare
paper tickets are now), so I can't say what the current procedures are.

--
MBW
San Jose, CA