Old October 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SBC News

Default New Trend? or Old News? ~~Mandatory~~ self check-in

Hey, why even put seats in the f'ing plane then. It would cur the cost
considerably if they bedded us down on straw like animals.
(It's pretty close to that already to that, and pig swill would be a step up
from Air France in-flight food all right) OR why pump in expensive jet fuel
when the 737 engines will probably will run OK on recycled McDonald's
grease!

Last time I checked having some person check you in was not "concierge"
service. Maybe it is these days. Times must have moved on for all I am
referring to is
what is standard for all peons and upper class twits alike at all airports
in living memory.

I never suggested you or anyone else was responsible for me, but changing
the rules in a game that has been set for about, oh, 70 years, leaves one
"unprepared" is all.

Fair enough to say screw me. upper class twit that I am (I was flygin from
NCL which is not classic UCT territory). But those old ladies were really
upset at the ordeal I noticed. Screw them too I suppose in the name of
progress and cheapness.
Fair enough. I get where you are coming from.

bb

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:56:22 -0500 in rec.travel.air, "SBC News"
wrote:

I am interested to hear feedback from the group. I think those who are
machine-o-phobic, old, or have baggage to check should be allowed to
choose.

why should the rest of us pay for your concierge service? go
hire a jeeves to travel with you and wait on you hand and foot.
if you want to be an upper class twit you have to pay for it.

get used to it. i'm not responsible for you not having your
reading glasses or travelling with unnecessary baggage. whatta
whiner.