Old August 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug McDonald[_4_]

Default 7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

On 8/29/2010 2:35 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such an
absolute hypocrite?

He may be asking for info that you don't get with a travel agent.

I've actually tried travel agents for vacations, and except for one
4-day add-on to a scientific conference in Hawaii, I've never,
ever, had one cope up with a suggestion that was any good.
Really. They've never even heard of most of the companies I've
taken group tours with in the past. They've never even heard
of most of the places I've been. And the places they
have heard of, such as the last try, Panama, they never came up with
anything suitable.

Doug McDonald