Old January 12th, 2015, 10:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Philadelphia PA neighborhood question

We're intending to spend a week in Philadelphia in July with our 2 girls (10 & 13) as a slighty more relaxing & low key follow-on to a week in NYC. The plan is to rent an apartment or house for the week via airbnb or similar. We're looking for a nice, quiet suburb with on-street car parking, good access to public transport and which is safe at night. Local cafes, shops & restaurants would be nice too. Can anyone help with any suggestions? From looking at our guide book I had considered West Philadelphia & the university area but have no idea if they would fit the bill.

Thanks!