Old June 18th, 2017, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Edinburgh hotels -day rate?

On 6/18/17 6:46 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/18/2017 9:12 AM, Martin wrote:
Look at Tripadvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNe...h_Scotland.htm

If you look at the one star comments you won't stay at any of them :-)
It looks as if you need to take a taxi to get to most of the hotels

What is needed, is a _very_ early check-in - her flight arrives at
breakfast time, and she needs a place to dump her bags and rest for a
bit, before catching a train in the afternoon. The hotels I've used in
Edinburgh don't offer such an early check-in.

Maybe an airport lounge? Maybe there's one with showers and you can buy
a day pass?

Though most lounges are airside, not after you retrieved your bags.

Some airports do have arrival lounges.

I'd never heard of a day rate. Typically less than regular rates?