Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Frustrations about the backpacker scene

Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
I'm REALLY frustrated this morning. I'm moving on and need the sleep,
but did I get any? Hardly.
Snotnosed kids turning the place into a children's summercamp helped
wake me up again and again, so I got 4 hours or something of sleep.
Mature young adults? haha!!!

Depends on the town, neighborhood, and hostel you're in. Usually there's
somewhere with a slightly older/quieter crowd around. Look for vegetarian
menus, prices a couple $$ more than the rest, and so on.

And is there such a thing as a backpacker over age 25? I haven't come
across any so far.

I'm one, and I know plenty of others. Are you going to New Zealand? I met a
comparatively high number there, including some retired folk.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/