Old March 11th, 2004, 01:10 AM
DALing

Default Safety board wants airline passengers weighed

of course, since you would be going so fast, the time dialtion effect would
mean that you wouldn't know how long you were going

The reason for using pax miles as the basis is that there's a bit of
apples-oranges here in that miles is the only common denominator. IF you
have a better idea, let's hear it.

"misterfact" wrote in message
om...
If they developed a car that went just under the speed of light with
one passenger in it and it drove safely for a day- it would amass such
a great number of safe passenger/miles that it would far surpass the
safety record of the airlines. Probably then- you will admit that
passenger/miles is irrelevant in comparing safety statistics of
different modes of transport!

(Mike Harrison) wrote in message

om...
Jean C wrote in message

Safety board wants airline passengers weighed

Well, you know we are getting fatter as a nation when the weight of
the passengers can actually cause the airplane to crash. I think Jay
Leno mentioned something about this a while back.