Old September 15th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Patty Winter

In article PfL1d.193454$Fg5.91560@attbi_s53, Böwsér wrote:
I'm thinking about spending a few days at Disney World during the week
between Christmas and New Years day, but I've heard the crowds are very bad
that week. Are they that bad? Enough to drive you away from the park? Will I
spend more time standing in line than enjying the park?

It is *the* most crowded week of the year. Whether you can still
enjoy WDW under those conditions depends on your temperament. If
you're willing to scale back your expectations about what you can
accomplish, you'll be fine. After all, the Disney parks have lots
of interesting things to do and see even if you never stand in line
for a ride. Of course, if you take advantage of FastPass and single-
rider lines where available, you can do quite a few rides, too.

I suggest that you read some of the information in the Planning
section of www.allearsnet.com, then ask some followup questions
in the rec.arts.disney.parks newsgroup. Good planning will pay
off even more at a crowded time like Christmas than at slower
times of the year. (For example, if you think you might want
to do any special dinner packages or go to a popular restaurant
on a busy night, you'll want to make reservations as soon as
they open, which will be in a week or so for the Dec. 25-31
period.) You might also want to get Bob Sehlinger's "Unofficial
Guide to Walt Disney World" and/or "Passporter Walt Disney World."

It's a magical time of the year at WDW, so if you can cope with the
crowds, you'll have a fun week!

Patty