Old December 1st, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
MI

Default Tasmania

On 12/1/07 9:51 AM, in article Oah4j.81523$cD.74371@pd7urf2no, "Cactus"
wrote:

Hi folks I am a Canadian going to Australia next year at this time.
One thing I want to do is see Tasmania.
I think I will allot about a week. I am not sure whether to rent a car or go
on a budget tour. I am not able to do the hiking thing so this would be
quite tame.
If there are any Tassies in here with ideas let me know.
I will fly into Hobart from Adelaide

Cheers

I Just returned from 3 weeks in Australia and I spent 5 days in Tasmania. I
flew in from Melbourne. I don't drive so I was on the tour bus. Driving, you
will be able to go more places than I did. I did three tours. Two were all
day---The first to the Tahune Airwalk and the second to Port Arthur. Port
Arthur was a very long day and a very interesting day if you are interested
in the early history of Australia. They don't dwell on the pleasant
conditions. I took the city tour as I do in all cities just to get an
overview of what I want to see more of. I can't hike either. I walk with a
cane or a walker. I didn't go on a tour as such. I booked day tours through
APT who subcontracted to Tassielinks. Much cheaper than an organized tour
and you control where you go and when.

Hope you enjoy your trip as much as I have.

--
Martha Irwin, Canada