Old April 7th, 2009, 08:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Terry Richards[_2_]

Default Mediterranean Ferries

"tim....." wrote in message

You said that you wanted to save the driving mileage. This option is
never going to save you time

tim

True, but it's a trade-off between time, expense and effort. This trip is in
the very early planning stage but it looks like two long days (or three
easier ones) of riding to get there and then, of course, the same to get
back. That's a big bite out of a two week holiday so I was casting around
for other ideas.

The optimum would be to teleport us and the bike to somewhere near Rome and
then we could start from there. There are, however, certain practical
difficulties

T.