Old April 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

Default Mediterranean Ferries

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Terry Richards wrote:

ferries from southern France to Italy,

I'm not aware of any, unless they are ferries to Corsica or Sardinia. In
a sense the mediterreanean ports of France are too close to, say, Genova
(I'm not sure if a ferry Genova-Barcelona still exists, I took one more
than 30 years ago) (despite the fact the train connections are rather
awful), and I guess the traffic requests with the centre-south of Italy
from France will be low.

Which part of Italy (which is long) are you interested in ?
Do you have any particular reason to skip the ligurian and thyrrenian
coasts ?

I knew there was a ferry from Palermo to Naples, and probably even
Palermo to Genova (the latter should be later popular for truck drivers,
I do not know about tourists). Some colleagues having to drive a car
from Palermo to Munich with lot of computers and equipment took the
ferry to Naples to cut a stretch of nasty roads.

Anyhow this site http://www.traghettiweb.it/it/tw_index.php
seems to have an interactive form, if you select a starting place it
shows only a subset of destinations.

is a newsreading account used by more persons to