Old December 12th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Frank Slootweg

Default Road Map

[Very late response. Just back from Oz.]

Ed Gray W0SD wrote:
I would appreciate suggestions as to how I can get up to date road maps
for Australia? We are planning a 3 month trip to Australia and NZ and
hope to drive but we need to get a better handle on where it makes sense
to drive or take a train or fly.

Ed

Not for planning, but during the actual driving, you may want to use
'stripmaps'. Some of these can be boughti at the automobile clubs. You
can also download some. For the current RACV ones you need a membership:

http://maps.racv.com.au/index.jsp

but there is an archive:

http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/25841/...stripmaps.html

This thread discusses the issue (click on "View: Complete Thread"):

a.net