Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

"MI" wrote in message

On 1/2/08 10:19 PM, in article ,
"Hatunen" wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:16:42 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

these days people do not buy insurances for a day trip or even longer
trip. I have seen many people saying that is just a insurance, but
still that is why people do need insurance for just in case. Why
people coming to Canada (not just only Americans, but other people)
stoped to buy insurance?? If you need some, there are so many
packeages you can purchase without waiting time. http:www/biis/ca

Canadians sure do talk funny.

Ever consider English as a second language? He probably speaks French. We
are a bilingual country you know.

Now that brings up an interesting point. I've made a number of trips to
Canada, the early ones to Bristish Columbia and Alberta. Strolling along
the grocery shelves, I was amused to find that each and every labeled item
had both English and French descriptions/writings. Clearly, thought I, the
influence of the French in Canada...even though I heard no French
spoken...truly the mark of a bilingual country.

Then I some years later happened to visit Quebec province and took a
similar stroll in the groceries there. Lo and behold - the same items
labeled in both English and French in the wesern provinces were labeled only
in French! So - what gives? A dual standard?