Old April 26th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Rich Clafton

Default My terrible Dragoman experience in Africa

We had saved up for several years to do this once in a lifetime trip.
While we enjoyed finally experiencing Africa, our experience on this
trip has left us in extremely poor taste with Dragoman. We would only
consider traveling with Dragoman again, if we were offered at least
50% discount on future bookings. Dragoman should be sensitive and
aware of how the company is being represented by their tour group
leaders. Only satisfied, valued customers look forward to future
vacations with Dragoman.

Humm.... interesting, at the risk of upsetting the applecart I have one
query

If the trip was so bad why would you want to travel with Dragoman again ?

Most people ask for a refund if the trip has been appalling and not up to
specification , not discount on another potential horror trip so playing
devils advocate I would question some of the motivation of this complaint
(ducks and waits to be flamed)

Mucky truck - well that was down to the passengers - you can't blame drago,
like you point out they are paying passengers

Rushing thru the serengeti - the serengeti is very expensive - if you
overstay your assigned time you have to pay for another day so you had to
get out ! as for geting stuck - well sh*t happens , its all part of the fun

The pre-requisite for one of these overland trips is a very laid back
approach to life - if you don't have that then the overland companies are
not for you (or even travel in africa maybe)

I have no connection with Dragoman, just done alot of vehicle dependant
travel in africa (independant and overland company) .

Rich