Old June 7th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Tchiowa

Default Advice re hotels in BKK please...

Miguel Cruz wrote in message ...
In article , D wrote:
Will be spending 4 days in BKK soon - just a standover; aim to get some rest
before a new job. I am faced with a choice between the Radisson (out of
town but good write-ups) and the Amari Boulevard Hotel in Sukhumvit (more
Central but current construction, they tell me).

Not sure what you're looking for but from what I can tell there's not much
reason to spend more than US$25/night unless you are in the market for
serious luxury.

???? Notice that he said Bangkok, not some smaller city. A fairly
cheap tourist hotel in Bangkok is $50. Luxury hotels are over $100 a
night in Bangkok.

Recently stayed at the Amari at the airport and frankly, it was one of the
worst hotels I've been in recently, especially for the price.

Never stayed there but that is the reputation it has.

On subsequent transits (I've been through BKK 6 times in the past three
weeks) I used the Comfort Suites, which is 1/4 the price ($30 vs $120). It's
a $2 taxi ride from the airport but the ride takes as long as the walk to
the Amari so that evens out pretty quickly.