Old October 25th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Not the Karl Orff

Default China Air vs Korean Air Help needed

In article ,
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

"Doug T" wrote in message
.com...
I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles
on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

I need help finding out which airline would be better for the trip on
comfort, food, entertainment on board.

Man, talk about the worst of the worst. I used to go to Korea a lot,
and would not go on KAL. I usually took Singapore Airlines.

I flew China Airlines once, but I would not do so again due to their
safety problems.

KAL gives Delta miles. I don't recall if China Airlines gave any miles
at all.

Try EVA instead. I just used them to/from Taiwan last week and they
were okay. EVA gives miles on Continental.

All of these airlines tend to use very old 747s.

wrong. They use -400s. And not park them in the desert like UA which
can't afford the D checks or NW which still uses -200s.