Old May 30th, 2007, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

Default Just Business Incentives (JBI)

On 29 May 2007 21:07:04 -0700, wrote:

On May 30, 7:55 am, "Ross" wrote:
Sounds like "time share" to me.

If it is "time share", forget it.

Ross

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody has had any dealings with Just
Business Incentives? They offer travel packs to places such as the
Gold Coast. At the moment, they're taking a looong time to get back to
me.

Thanks,

Bob- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

What exactly is "time share"?

Thanks,

Bob

You've led a sheltered life:-)

Briefly, it is a system where holiday apartments are sold by
the week. In it's simplest form you purchase a specific week
in a specific building. However it has grown to be a complex
industry selling various versions of that, credits,
exchangeable holidays etc world-wide.

The concept is not bad as such, but the marketing of it is
cut-throat and extremely high-pressure and is also full of
shifty operators.

The promotors often offer you a free holiday or similar if
you will sit through a high-pressure sales pitch for a
couple of hours. I have a hide like a rhinocerous so I've
sat through a few without purchasing and cheerfully used
their free holiday - but it really is a full-on sales pitch.

A side issue is that many of the time-share companies or
even apartment complexes also offer the apartments for rent,
like a hotel room, when available. That's not a bad concept
but once again there are some sharp operators - so you need
to investigate before just putting in a booking.

Our Gold Coast is an industry centre both for Timeshare
companies and the telemarketers who push them.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia