Old April 8th, 2009, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
D Ball[_2_]

Default Seek advises on Mediterranean cruise

On Apr 7, 5:07*pm, " A. Moore" wrote:
Thank you for your response.
We are considering 7 to 12 days cruise.
The ports we definitely wish to visit are Venice and Athens.
The other optional ports (we can do without) are Monte Carlo, Florence,
Cannes, Barcelona.
Can you please tell me what would be the correct cruise routes?
We are from California. So what would be a good starting and ending port?
Thank you.

Hi, A. Moore,

I've always liked the cruise search finder on Travelocity, but
Orbitz's includes more lines, so take your pick or try any other major
online travel supplier--they all have them. You can get the best
results of you choose the advanced cruise search engine, as it allows
you to narrow down the search to bring up exactly what you are looking
for.

Shoulder season cruises (best deals) will begin in mid-April and run
through May, then pick up again after Labor Day and run through mid-
October or later. It sounds like you have already seen most of the
Western Med, but you can do a search based on months for Western Med.
And then you can do one for Eastern Med to compare.

If you're talking about 2009, you need to get moving. Perhaps after
you pull up some examples, you will begin to zero in on some features
that are important to you--then you definitely should take your cruise
interest to a travel agent who specializes in cruise travel.

Happy 35th Anniversary! That is a wonderful milestone to celebrate in
the Mediterranean!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX