Old June 19th, 2017, 11:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

Default Edinburgh hotels -day rate?

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 4:49:28 AM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/18/2017 9:44 PM, -hh wrote:
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 7:47:46 AM UTC-4, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/17/2017 10:12 PM, -hh wrote:
IIRC, there's a Hilton group property near the airport which may serve your purposes.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

FWIW, the others have mentioned asking about a 'day rate' ... one thing that
virtually any hotel will do, even if they don't have a formal day rate, is to let
you book a room for the night prior to your arrival - - yes, full cost.

What you put on the reservation is that you're going to have an extremely
late arrival ... i.e., the next morning.

This can get expensive, but it is one way to guarantee a room before normal check-in times.

Unfortunately, though, most places have a fairly early check-out time,
which means paying for TWO nights, but only staying for a few hours.
She was trying to avoid that.

Oh, I'm quite aware that it means paying for two nights and isn't cost effective.

My point was merely that this is a way to get a room as desired even if the
hotel's policy is that they do not offer 'day room' rates.

-hh