Old December 8th, 2014, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default a visit to Cremona; violin making and food

On 2014-12-05 18:26:42 +0000, Jack Campin said:

Not my blog, but I found this description interesting:
http://mrsgrumpywrites.wordpress.com...november-2014/
"Who *is* this woman with the baby?"

Many years ago when we had lunch in Cremona my daughter -- then 3 --
wanted to eat gnocchi, so we did, and they were very good, possibly the
best gnocchi that I've eaten. I don't suppose she knew what gnocchi were,
but she liked the sound of the word (or ñoquis, as my wife said it).
However, she probably did know who the woman with the baby was.

We were there for a very mundane reason. We had just stopped on the way
further east to change some money from dollars to lire. That turned out
to be a long and complicated operation involving telephone calls to the
head office, because the bank couldn't understand why people who weren't
American and didn't live in the USA would want to buy lire with dollars.
As that couldn't be done before lunch we decided to visit the centre of
Cremona while the transaction was being arranged.

Did you hear any music? There was a lovely bit about Cremona on US TV
yesterday 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad