Old February 17th, 2010, 11:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tim....

Default Hawaii question

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Stefan wrote on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:57:14 GMT:

Thanks for the replies Shawn and Runge11. I have googled and
checked out the air fares interisland. The cost doesn't seem
all that bad but the logistics have me concerned. Since
spending a little time near Kaanapali is a high priority I'm
leaning towards just staying there instead of going to Kauai.
I'm only going for about a week and I'd rather relax at one
place rather than spending a day traveling interisland. But,
if there was a way to charter a boat and sail from Kauai to
Kaanapali and back in a day I'd consider that. That'd
seem more like a vacation than running through airports and
car rental agencies.

Gary,

I think you are unaware of the distance between Kauai and
Maui--a little over 200 miles (320 km). That's a little far
for day trip by boat.

Since you really, really want to visit Kaanapali and only have
a week, stay in Kaanapali and tour Maui, Lanai, and Molokai.
Save Kauai for the next time.

I like Kauai but there's more than enough to keep you pleasantly occupied
on Maui for a week, especially if you allocate a good slug of time for
fish watching and lazing on the beach.

How on earth does "lazing on the beach" count as pleasantly occupied?

tim