Old September 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stefan Patric[_3_]

Default Why is Puerto Rico not as popular as other Carribean vacationdestinations?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:55:33 -0700, stonej wrote:

Puerto Rico is part of the US so I guess it can be discussed here.

Don't forget the US Virgin Islands, and, in the Pacific, Guam, the
Mariana Islands and American Samoa. There are others, but almost all are
either uninhabited or restricted in some way.

It seems that PR does not get as much attention as places like Cancun,
Jamaica, Bahamas
Punta Cana etc. do any ideas as to why?

My guess? PR has a bad reputation and is poorly marketed.

Stef