Old July 18th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Viviane

Default Worth staying in a classy hotel?

We do the same. Average hotel for most of the trip (3-4*) then 5* for the
last few days. We've done the flea pits and now we can afford it it's nice
to have a few days of luxury. Not everyone's choice but that's what we like
to do. We discovered the Bangkok Intercontinental (they upgraded us to exec
club) last weekend and that was a wonderful end to our holiday in Thailand.

"Peter L" wrote in message

"J Asking" wrote in message
om...
What are readers thoughts on travelling to Asia and spending big $$$
to stay in an expensive hotel? Would people prefer to stay in a
hostel given that hotels should only b eused to sleep in?

Everyone's circumstances and preferences are different. I know one person
who would book a 5* hotel at the end of trips, just so she enjoys some
luxury before heading home.