Old September 28th, 2003, 06:11 AM
King

Default What countries have the best exchange rate for the dollar?

I wrote dollar because I wanted the reader to know I was from the US......
not some other country where the currency might have a more poor exchange
rate than the dollar.
After reading some post, though....the exchange rate might not be a good
indicator of "value."

"Dieter A" Dieter wrote in message

"James Blanford" schreef in bericht
In article ,
"Dieter A" Dieter
writes:
"really man" wrote:
You must be joking.
Never heard of people, culture, nature, ... ?
Never heard of reading comprehension? "One of my criteria..." does

not
mean "my sole criterion".

Even in case it is the last criterium on his list, even then, it is

banal,
crude and vulgar to write such kind of statements.

While I share your distaste for the banal, I find the crude and vulgar a
refreshing counterpoint to the refined and sophisticated. But I abhor
the effete, the arrogant and the conceited.

More to the point, as a man of modest means, I appreciate the original
poster's desire to make his money go as far as possible. When you work
for a living, the cost of what you desire is of significance, although
many enjoy pretending it isn't.

I fully agree with you
But why did he wrote then "dollar" in the title, when he meant money ?

Didn't he realised that "the best exchange rate for the dollar" is an
emotionally charged statement in this context ?
In a number of countries, people swinging with USD's are regarded as

banal,
lacking a min. level of culture.
Never noticed that ?

Do you select a destination country because of a .0005 % better USD
exchange rate ?