Old August 13th, 2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Jim Ley writes:

If they didn't set them accurately (well if they didn't set them all
to be the same to a reference clock, the only available reference
clock being the GPS clock system) then their network would stop
working, accurate clocks are essential for the protocols.

Relatively accurate time measurement is required by the protocols I've
seen, but the absolute time of day need not be as accurately kept.

Why? For what purpose?

Why do I need to justify it? It costs no more than wris****ches with
much lower accuracy. It has no disadvantages, so why not?