Old August 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote in
message ...
Make credence recognised that on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:22:13 GMT,
"William Black" has scripted:

"Craig Welch" wrote in message
Magda wrote:

You'll need a printer, too.

Not necessarily. I travel reasonably often without a printed copy of
anything that's ticket related.

Don't try it in India.

You can't get into the airport building without something printed...

India was the only place I managed to get a glimpse of what the guys
see when they swipe my passport. There was (surprisingly to me at
least) a big blown up picture of me, the exact same as on my passport!

Given this, how on earth do people make fake ones?

These days, with difficulty, if you want to cross an international border
anyway. If you want something that'll fool an employer into thinking you're
a real immigrant with real papers all you need is something that looks
right, or just a visa stamp that's a fake in a passport that's real, as
Jean Charles de Menezes had.

--
William Black

Time for tea.