Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,rec.travel.usa-canada
Allen Bates

Default seek advice driving the Connecticut Route 169 scenic road

"K" wrote in message
169 is really only one of many such pretty drives in that part of the
state, which is very rural. 169 is only about 40 miles from end-to-end,
and because of it's status as a national scenic road, it can get crowded
on weekends during foliage season. Not to worry - find your way to the
village of Baltic and take 207 north to 85 north. These will take you
through some of our beautiful and hilly farmland. You'll end up in
Colchester where you can hop on Rt 2 for the short ride up to Hartford.

Keith

Keith, Thank you for your advice.
I understand your instruction is for driving the entire length of scenic
Route 169. Looking at my map and maps.google.com Baltic is probably too far
south for us to turn west to go to Hartford. I think we should turn right at
Brooklyn, CT. and take the Route 6 to go to Hartford, correct?
Can you please tell me how best from Boston to turn off I-90 or I-395 into
Route 169?