Old January 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Default St. Maarten

"Kent" wrote in message
ups.com...
On our upcoming cruise in November, one of the ports of call is St.
Maarten. Since we'll only have a day there, what are the most important
things to do/see?

Thanks,
Kent Huffman
http://www.pruneville.com

As you get off the cruise ship at Philipsburg, I assure you that you will be
approached by quite a number of "tourist guides' offering tours of the
island lasting 2 hours or more. These guides typically have vans that
probably hold up to 12 people and so they try to fill up the van before they
go. I would just choose one of these tourist vans and they will give you a
birds-eye view of the island.

Anyway, this initial tour will give you the "lay of the land' so to speak,
after which, you can explore on your own. Public transport is readily
available and so you can explore the Dutch side and the French side of
Marigot.