Old January 12th, 2006, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Default St. Maarten

wrote in message
oups.com...
Shopping ( St.Maarten is well known for jewelry shopping) then hit
the
beaches, Dawn Beach is pretty nice about 15 mins.drive away.

I mega-resort is under construction at Dawn Beach. I think this is
likely to prevent access to the beach. It is being built where the
ruined Dawn Beach Hotel used to be and almost surely closes the road
to the parking by the little beach bar / restaurant. Maybe there is
still access to the end of the beach near Oyster Pond.