Old August 12th, 2012, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Don't get scammed by Hotwire and Budget on car rental

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:03:45 -0700, SMS
wrote:

I have always put the latest time possible while staying within the 24
hour window. But I always thought that it didn't really matter, that
they based the return time on the pickup time. Never used Hotwire though.

I've never rented through Hotwire either.

I wonder now how the time is determined if the pickup is later than
the time stated. For example when the plane arrives late. I always
thought it started when the car was actually rented but now I'm not
sure.