Old January 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
slas

Default Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

striker wrote:
Europeans, particularly Italians and French, besides living in two of the
most beautiful countries in the world, are known for their good taste when
it comes to quality of life (food, clothes, cars, night life, weather,
women, etc). According to a recent poll these are the impressions of
Europeans about American cities.

5 Best (the least American cities):

Miami
San Diego
NYC
San Francisco
Boston

5 Worst (typical American cities):

Houston
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Cleveland

Most Overrated (these cities are not necessarily bad, just plain overrated
by Americans who have no standards):

New Orleans
Austin
Los Angeles
Chicago
Las Vegas

Do Americans agree?

I agree. I would add Philadelphia to "worst"-- just for the horrible
food and sickening air quality alone.

Las Vegas is a complete waste of time.

Chicago IS over-rated, but then I'm from NYC area so it seemed never
that great to begin with.

You expect L.A. to be bad, so I don;t see that as "over-rated".