Old September 22nd, 2008, 06:40 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Traveller[_10_]

Default Bali & Bangkok

"PeterL" wrote in message
If you want tours in Bangkok, you can easily book them from your
hotel. Probably cheaper too.

That's what I thought, but a friend said that sometimes these tours get
booked in advance & you may not get seats in the last minute.

Also, other than going on these tours, what are my options, are there
public buses in Bali & Bangkok available for seeing these places - are
there pickup points near enough the touristy places? What about cabs,
how expensive are they? Are they metered - or do you have to bargain?
Also, can you flag a cab on the street, or do you have to book it on the
phone?