Old September 25th, 2007, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Sancho Panza

Default Sikhs oppose new turban rules

On Sep 25, 5:47 pm, Craig Welch wrote:
Sancho Panza wrote:
"Craig Welch" wrote in message
the_niner_nation wrote:

To satisfy your ignorant paranoia, Sikhs don't have any ill-will or
wishes against America or the West..that is the the domain of the
muslims.
You are a little confused.

When you say 'Muslims', are you suggesting that all Muslims harbour
ill-will towards the US or the West?

Or are you saying, a little more reasonably, that *some* Muslims,
extremists, harbour such feelings?

Because if you limit your argument to the extremists, you don't have an
argument any more. Because, my good fellow, there are Muslim extremists,
Sikh extremists, Christian extremists, Jewish extremists.

Yep, those other groups sure have hijacked a lot of planes and attacked a
lot of civilians.

You seem to think that's not the case.

Have you not heard of Babbar Khalsa (Sikh)? Blew up an aeroplane. Many a
civilian has been killed by Sikhs in the name of an independent Sikh state.

Christian terrorists? The list is too long to even begin here, but think
of Northern Ireland, the Ku Klux Klan, and so on.

There wouldn't be an Jewish terrorists, would there? Heh. Just think
'Mossad', and observe the daily civilian killings by Israelis in the
Middle East.

Muslim terrorism is getting more air-time, of course, because of the
events of 11/9, and the mis-guided US response. If I were a Muslim living
in Iraq, and saw my family killed by US soldiers (or others of the
'Coalition of the Gullible'), I would likely become somewhat extreme also.
And dedicate the rest of my life to getting revenge.

But none of that "revenge" for the U.S., right?

Huh? Of course it would be against the US and its partners.

But that aside, it's ridiculous to cast people of one particular religion
or another as peace loving or war loving, when people of all religions
start and prosecute wars, and when other people of those same religions
preach peace. As do most Muslims.

Except that not too many other holy treatises advocate anything on the order
of jihad and extermination.

You seem not to have read the Koran. Come back when you've done so.

Any time you are able to show the Koran prohibiting jihad and
conquests of infidels, please feel free to do so.