Old October 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Brian K[_1_]

Default Honeymoon planning advice

On 10/15/2006 4:28 AM plucked Senior Frog's Magic
Twanger and said:
Hello group,

I am planning my 3 weeks honeymoon trip, starting mid-November from
Italy.
We would like to spent a few days visiting the Big Apple, and then
going south to the Caribbean Islands.
Just got the two way ticket to JFK, now we have to choose which islands
to go for the remaining 15 days.
We are looking for nature, snorkeling, some local atmosphere, and would
prefer to stay away from the more crowded locations and AI resorts. Our
ideal place would be a kind of cottage or small hotel beach-front with
some coral reef to explore... is it still possible to find such places
and organize the trip via the Web? Since it's a honeymoon trip, it
would be better to have everything settled in booked in advance....
Until now we are considering Antigua, Anguilla or Turks & Caicos, any
other idea?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Aldo

Dominica might interest you for part of your stay. It's known as the
"nature island". There are rivers to explore, over 100 waterfalls, coral
reefs, and a thermal caldera called simply "Boiling Lake". Do not
confuse Dominica with the Dominican Republic. That is a separate
island. Actually, that island is called Hispaniola. The Dominican
Republic occupies one part of Hispaniola and Haiti has the other part.
The Dominican Republic has lots of AI. Dominica has mostly hotels,
motels and cabins.

Sea Cliff Cottages in Dominica would be ideal for a Honeymoon. The only
drawback is that it may be more isolated than you'd want. If you stayed
there, you'd defiantly need to rent a 4X4 Jeep and have a good map. Sea
Cliff Cottages:
http://www.dominica-cottages.com/

Dominica Tourism: http://www.avirtualdominica.com/tourism.cfm

--