Old September 24th, 2003, 02:14 PM

Default Ireland, November Weather?

In article ,
(Padraig Breathnach) wrote:

(stephanie haumueller) wrote:

I'm going to Ireland this November and the first part of December.
We'll be travelling the southwest and southeast coast. I'm wondering
if I should stay away from the coast because of weather? I was
thinking of going to Adare, Dingle, Ring of Kerry, Cork, Waterford,
Dublin. I know it will be cold and possible rainy but wonder if we can
avoid the harsher weather is possible.

Cork, and some of the places in range of the city, are better suited
for that time of year.

Cobh, a few miles outside Cork, is rather atmospheric in foul weather and
has a good maritime museum (with much on the Titanic) as well as an
impressive 19th-century cathedral.

Waterford is only mildly interesting. Kilkenny is more attractive, and
has a good castle and an okay cathedral.

A day will more than suffice for Kilkenny, though. Probably the nicest
town around there in which to *stay* (though it has few tourist sights per
se) is Wexford.