Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
proffsl

Default Driver Licensing not about highway safety

On Sep 22, 1:05 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:

Driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT....get used to it...and while
you're at it, learn the different between its and it's. Maybe spend
less time driving and more time reading.

No, its a RIGHT that has been taken away by the government.

Feel free to provide a cite to some credible source that supports
the idea that driving is a right rather than a privilege.

Although, I do not base my arguments on court arguments, and I do not
consider any of today's courts as a credible source of anything except
bull****, there are always these two court rulings.

"Undoubtedly the right of locomotion, the right to remove from one
place to another according to inclination, is an attribute of personal
liberty, and the right, ordinarily, of free transit from or through
the territory of any state is a right secured by the 14th Amendment
and by other provisions of the Constitution." - Williams v. Fears, 179
U.S. 270 (1900) - http://laws.findlaw.com/us/179/270.html#274

"The streets belong to the public and are primarily for the use of the
public in the ordinary way." -- Packard v. Banton, 264 U.S. 140 (1924)
- http://laws.findlaw.com/us/264/140.html#144

What is the Locomotion ordinarily used for personal travel on our
public highways today? DRIVING THE AUTOMOBILE.