Old May 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

I do, but not exclusively. I used to think I needed to whiz off
to far away places to climb different hills, but I've come to
realise that to some extent a hill is a hill and the UK ones are
generally day walk affairs, which suits us, and we are not likely
to run out of new ones. If I'm going to sit on a cramped plane
for hours I want interesting culture too.

Then stop off in SE Asia on the way through and have a look around!
The planes usually stop there anyway.

This came up in conversation with the NZ cussies, but i'm not
much atracted to SE Asia. To contradict myself I fancied going
the other way and stopping off on Baffin Island! Dont think
schedules are thick on the ground though :-)
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site