Old October 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Earl_Colby_Pottinger

Default Alaska Cruise

On Oct 29, 4:28*pm, Bill wrote:
On 10/29/2011 12:38 PM, Earl_Colby_Pottinger wrote:

HAL is not that bad in Alaska in terms of age. They've been marketing to
families to do multi-generation trips so you get a reasonable mix of
people. There were not as many walkers as you'd expect to see on HAL.

I just had this impression from past posts and the fact that when our
ship shared a pier with an Holland ship the first thing we saw from
our balcony after docking was all the people taking their morning walk
around the walkway on the Holland ship.

I guess on the plus side all these older people were up first thing in
the morning getting their muscles moving, this is more than what I can
say about my older friends who think we are crazy to go camping and
first thing we doing in the morning is to walk some trails or go canoe/
kayaking. Maybe I am the one who needs to be more flexible in my
choice of ships.