Old January 1st, 2004, 01:18 AM
Henry

Default Air Marshalls agreed on UK flights but not Swedish

Miss L. Toe told us about a press report
which would have us believe that:

Pilots agree deal on air marshals

snip

The new agreement means the marshals would report to the captain and only
carry certain types of weapon.

You're having a laugh. You've got the filf, with a gun, for ****'s sake,
and their universal chip-on-the-shoulder attitude (i.e., 'We're going to
do this my way, Sir') and you really think they're going to defer to the
protestations of a mere _pilot_ in the event of an on-board
'situation'??? Un-bloody-likely, mate.

Balpa['s]...spokesman said: "Putting air marshals on planes makes it more
dangerous to fly in our opinion and that of most pilots and airlines in the
world."

Well, of course.

News of the deal came as it emerged that Sweden has reached a deal with the
US allowing its planes to fly without air marshals.

Is that SAS Scandinavian? If so, good on them.

more snippage

Balpa, which has accused the UK Government of failing to resist what it sees
as a US policy...

Oh, what a(nother) surprise!

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/3359267.stm