Old April 25th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Dieter Aaaa

Default Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

"Thomas Stalder" schreef in bericht
Hello Peter

Peter Webb wrote:
No, you have discrimanatory laws which do not allow ethnic Chinese and
Indians the same rights as ethnic Malays. All Australians have equal

rights
under law, and this is actually followed.

In your dreams ...

We don't have racist police beating up
teenage boys just because they're the wrong colored skin.

No idea what you are talking about.

This has been documented various times.

We don't
have a pro-war gung-ho Prime Minister who basically is butler (oops i
mean sherrif) to good ol George W. , and we certainly don't send our
troops into other people lands to conquer them under a false pretence
of liberation.

Well, you don't actually have much of an army, navy or air-force, and do

not
have the military capability to deploy troops to the other side of the
world. You would be basically just "targets".

Hell, you can't even defend yourselves. In WW2 and the communist

insurgency
of 1954 you had Australian troops defending your country. Didn't hear

you
bleeting on about "sending troops to other people's lands then".

You obviously still are living in these times. Situations have changed.
Where in WW2 also the Americans had proper motives, this has changed
significantly under jerks like Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld (Bush is just their
puppet).

No asylum seekers want to stay in your country. Your GDP per capita is

less
than 1/10th that of Australia - its a very poor country. It is also
technologically backward, had racism codified into a set of laws, and

your
prime minister feels he can lock up political opponents on trumped up

sodomy
charges. The police force is corrupt, and the culture backwards. You are

big, important country in the minds of all people who live between

between
Thailand and Singapore, but let me assure you the rest of the world

finds
the sight of such a ****ty little country strutting about the world

stage as
if anybody gave a **** about you amusing at best. They don't even bother
showing the video footage of Mahatir getting stuck into the English on
English TV, because to explain the joke you would have to explain wher
Malaysia actually is ...

What an American-like arrogance

nor keep them lock
up for decades only to arrest the truly caring Australians who fight
for their freedom. All of this and you call us evil???

Neither Australians nor Malaysians are evil. Both countries are
absolutely beautiful and people in both countries are great! Traditions
are different and Malaysian rules are very hard for westernes, but we
have to respect these rules, when we are guest of this country.

Again, no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe things like Guantanamo, which again is an American way of
treatening international agreements and law. I don't think this is
possible in Australia tough. Additionally I'd prefer to be thrown into
an Australian prison, than into a Malaysian, that's true.

So the FACTS are that the guy claims he was just holding hands and was
arrested for not paying a bribe, and there is no evidence that anything

else
has occurred, and your defence is that "Unlike western countries, we

have a
sense of what is acceptable in a public place". Presumably that doesn't
include holding hands. Look, don't get too worried about this. This is

just
another one of those "look how stupid and backward the Malaysians are"
stories you see all the time. You surely must be used to them by now.

Neither of you has been there, so what's the point?

Well, I really have nice friends in Australia, so I know that you're not
representative. After reading your exploits about Malaysia, you've
proved yourself an complete ignorant without any sense of decency.

Ciao
Thomas

do you mind if i put you in my KF

I don't like rude, senseless people