Old March 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Default GGC2001 ANNOUNCED

Gen wrote:
What is GGC? Is it a private group?
Gen

The GGC means Great Group Cruise. In 1996, the cruise nuts in this
newsgroup decided that we wanted to cruise together. We had never met
each other, and we lived all over the US and Canada. One young man,
Chris, who lived in Canada, wanted to get married on that cruise, so
their engagement lasted 18 months. :-)

We still cruise together once a year and we call it the GGC. We also do
other group cruises and anyone is welcome to join the group. We are
cruising on the Oasis in October with over 200 people booked. Sue
Whitfield is doing the Carnival Valor on December 5th, 2010. Cal Ford
is doing a Transatlantic on the Oceania Marina on November 24, 2011.
These are the cruises that I know about; I'm sure there are other group
cruises, but if they are not posted, then I haven't heard about them.

Becca