Old September 7th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:35:15 +0100, "andrew"
wrote:

I would like to go on my first safari. There seems a wealth of knowledge in
here I'm glad to say.

I am quite an experienced traveller but will only have two weeks available &
like a bit of home comfort. Having said that I love camping in the UK & so
the idea of a tented camp is quite attractive. I will be travelling with my
in laws who are fit but in their sixties.

I really have an open mind but I am trending towards Kenya as it seems to
tick most of the boxes & offer good value for money.

The other question is what time of year? I can go anytime & so what ever
offers the best value for money whilst avoiding rainy / mosquito season.

Andrew,

I don't see any first question, but my personal choice to go to
Kenya is June. (I visit Kenya about once a year.) That is the
time of year when most lodges offer low season prices, but the
weather is usually fine. Also there are fewer tourists, which is
an advantage.

For some more information including check lists on what to take,
please have a look at http://www.michna.com/kenya.htm. The text
refers to a self-drive safari, but most of the information is
still valid for your intentions.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.