Old April 16th, 2011, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tim....

Default What kind of game is Orbitz playing?

"stonej" wrote in message
I'm searching for a round trip flight to Washington DC on certain
dates, the other search engines are showing the
same fare on this certain airline but Orbitz has the same flight on
the same airline for $200+ more than the others.

It looks to me like they have a contract to promote another airlines
flights and are making up a higher fare on
others to drive business one way.

ISTM that they don't provide you with the best prices and the solution is to
use another search engine.

tim