Old November 29th, 2011, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_4_]

Default My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/25/2011 9:19 AM, Carol Eskra wrote:
Back in the 1980's my sister and I sailed on the Norway. We had a lovely
cabin with a port hole and we had a blast. Four months later we decided
to book a last min. cruise on the Norway, but only inside cabins were
available, so we said no problem. We often heard what sounded like
banging on pipes and I asked a crew member what the noise was and he
said "your cabin is very near the engine room and we are having problems
with the engine." No complaints from us, because this is what happens
when you book last min. and accept the leftover cabins. On another
cruise I heard a man snoring in the cabin next to us. I thought it was
pretty funny, but once again never complained, as I just assumed that
cabins on a ship are not well sound proof.

I am 70 yrs. old and one thing I have learned in life is not to sweat
the small stuff. I always have too much fun on cruise ships to spend my
time running to the pursers desk with complaints!

Happy Sailing!
Carol

Some people just don't get it. I'm also 70, and really age has nothing
to do with it. And we booked the cruise seven months in advance,
therefore it wasn't a last minute booking. All I can say is, you don't
know what it was like until you stay in the cabin we were in. The walls
actually vibrated, and I don't like being made to stay up until 2 a.m.
to go to sleep and then be awaken again at 6 a.m. because the buffet is
open. NOBODY can share my experience. They can only speculate and make
assumptions that I complained about nothing. If nobody complained about
anything, what kind of world would this be? I damn sure won't throw my
money down the drain for the sake of not complaining. Fortunately for
us my complaining paid off, although I did not request any type of
compensation as so many people thought I did. All I wanted was Carnival
to acknowledge that there is a problem with those cabins, even though
they may already know it. So continue your cruises on noisy ships and
I'll continue mine in as much solitude as possible. If I wanted to stay
up all night and party, I surely wouldn't spend thousands of dollars to
do it on a ship.

--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Nobody can change what I believe is true without showing me proof**